Exploring Big Bend


Advertisement
North America
December 18th 2015
Published: December 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post


We're not sure if these guys were desert bighorn or aoudad sheep
I've enjoyed not having phone reception but sure makes it difficult to post photos! 😊 Here are some photos of our 3 days in Big Bend.
I've attempted this blog post probably 8 times, haha not much success until now, oh well, better late than never.
I've put most of the photo description under each photo so be sure to check those out!
We've seen some funny yellow highway signs on our travel, I haven't gotten any photos of them so I've typed up what they said hope you find them amusing as well. 😊
- "loose livestock" (really? Do they ranch like in the old days with just brands and no fence? We later did see a big cow just grazing between a cliff and the hwy)
- "watch for blowing dust" ( that sounds dangerous)
- a black outline of a donkey (we did see a donkey, I rolled down the window and he started coming over to me before Sadie scared him off)!
- "no services for the next 75 miles"
- "trash barrel 1 mile"
I know I laugh and these are serious but I'm just not used to seeing them around houston!
We are headed
imageimageimage

We saw three different off-road campers like this one. This one was from Germany. We've learned that Germans are fascinated by Texas! Particularly Big Bend area, haha who would have thought!
to El Paso, that'll be our 4th and last corner of Texas! There are a few caches to find and an arial tramway to ride. I'll be posting again soon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

imageimage
image

prerty neat to see it built into the rio grande
imageimage
image

The water was freezing in the rio and hot in the springs!
imageimage
image

We were super excited to spot this guy, and he just sat there about 75 feet from our car just looking at us! That was the first time I've ever seen one in the wild!
Rio Grande overlook Rio Grande overlook
Rio Grande overlook

Some guys on the Mexico side were waiting on their side of the rio to bring park visitors over to tour the city... Hmm I Don't think that's legal.
imageimage
image

The rio grande flows between this break in the canyon
Old maverick roadOld maverick road
Old maverick road

This was a long dirt road that led from the park to one of the park entrances, Super bumpy but we had the road to ourselves! It was some pretty scenery!
Luna's JacalLuna's Jacal
Luna's Jacal

One of the many homes that used to be inhabited before the state and U.S. Govn't took the land over to make it into a park and preservation area.


20th December 2015

Wow, wow, wow!!!
21st December 2015
image

Woah! That looks intense. I wonder what the craziest trail is they've taken that on....

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb