Day 201 USA, LAX airport.


Advertisement
North America
June 7th 2015
Published: June 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



This is our second 7-6-15 thanks to the date line!!!



We arrived at LAX airport at 13.30 after an 11 and a half hour flight. We had to pick up our luggage from the conveyer belt, which was really annoying as we wanted to pop out for the day and hoped our bags would be check straight through but couldn’t re check our bags in until 20.30!! They also don’t have any bag storage here and we didn’t fancy lugging then around with us. We are back here in 3 months so we’re not missing out but it means a very long wait until our flight at 00.15!



All afternoon we read and watched episodes of shows and films. As we couldn’t check-in our bags it meant we couldn’t even wait in the duty free shopping area so we had to wait in the front of the airport where they have very few chairs. It was a long day!



Once we were through security we did a bit of window shopping-expensive creams, perfume, whiskey tastings etc.… We then went through to the boarding gate. We met a Peruvian couple in departures that showed us some of their pictures of Chile from a recent holiday there. So far we have a pleasant impressions of Peruvian people.



Our flight was on time from LAX to Lima (flying with LAN Chilean airways). Decent flight with meals, but we actually slept the whole way! (I did Neil watch films and read)



Love V&N x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb