Gomez B4


Advertisement
North America
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What types of music are popular in India?

Music is the soul of the nature; it can be present everywhere in the crackling of trees, in the sound of birds, in the flow of river. Music has always been an important part of Indian life. The earliest music in India could be traced by over two thousand years. India is a diverse nation with music. Modern western pop ,rock ,blues, Punjabi bhangra, Bihu, gazals, quawalis, Carnatac, have become popular.Indian music can be divided into three main categories. Indian classical music, Folk music, and modern music. Indian musical instruments were developed in the country while others came from foreign lands, but transformed by indian artists over time. The main varieties of instruments are string instruments and percussion. Some examples are:sitar,dholak,flute,tabla.

Indian classical music is the most complex music ever developed. It's divided into two main streams to traditional Hindustani music and Carbatic music. Folk music is music of state and regions. Some are bhangra,Dandia,andHaryanavi.Bhangra is a lively form of music. It originated from Punjab. It's performed by one person playing the drums and another is the flute. Dandia music is in Gujarat. The music style is to folk dance. Haryanavi music is sang and played in Haryana.The music goes back to verdict times.Modern music in India ,known as Indi-pop, is Indian folk and classical music, and beats from different parts of the world. Indian music has developed with its interaction of different people and cultures.The basis for indian music is "signet". Signet is a combination of three art forms:vocal music,instrumental, and dance.









://www.culturalindia.net/indian-music/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb