Gomez B4


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 10th 2013
Published: October 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role do women play in this society? Do the have equality here? If not, what discrimination do women in this country face?

Equal rights for women in India have not adapted to keep pace with Indians economic growth and opporturtunities for women.Indian men support policies that promote equal opportunities for women, but feel they will lose women if women have more rights.65 percent of men surveyed said they believe there are times women deserve to be beaten.Indians adhere to strict notions about mens and women's roles in society.Son preference is a problem in India.Sons are seen as essential for survival of the family and are given greater values than daughters.With more increased aborted baby girls.Education for women are behind then male literary rate females at 65.46% compared for males at 82.14%.Parents believe education for daughters is a waste of time because they'll eventually live with their husband and will not benefit from the education, because their job is to take care of their family.Discrimination against women has led to lack of authority.land and property rights are weakly enforced to women.Women can't own property under their names and don't have rights to obtain a share of parental property.Currently, a women died in Singapore hospital because of a savage rape on a moving bus in the capital Delhi.With more than 24,000 reported rape case in 2011,rape has risen 9.2% over the previous year.More than half of victims were aged between 18 and 30.It is not only rape but also kidnapping,torture, and murder.And authority are not taking any actions to decrease female abuse.

Women have very little rights in India.Women in India have unequal rights they are treated less than men, because they are seen as weak. The women's job is to learn how to cook and clean to raise their family, so they can be the best wives when their married.Men will beat women if they feel they deserve it, or to show that they are the boss and she has no authority. India is a country with very strict beliefs on women's roles, women can't own land or have any economic power.Womens roles in society is to make food,clean,and cook.They have no authority about anything not even themselves, the husband or family has complete authority towards them.Women in India are treated so unfairly they have no freedom and are treated like animals. Women have less rights than men because of the her gender.



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20863860

http://www.icrw.org/where-we-work/examining-men’s-attitudes-toward-son-preference

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb