July 13th


Advertisement
North America
July 13th 2013
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at Sioux Narrows. It rained all evening and in the morning it was grey, but calm and beautiful. Perfect for a paddle. We got on the water at 10:30 and headed to the point with the pine tree. There is an Eagle's nest with two fledglings. We rounded the bend and paddled for an hour or so up a beautiful winding creek. At the end, there was a tiny falls where we could get out. We stopped for lunch on the rocks watching the rushing water. There were crawfish and minnows, some other campers, and a lot of beauty. It felt good to paddle and by the time we got to lunch the sun was out in full force. Days like today prove the goodness of the world. When we got back to the campground, Laughing Waters, two of their young staff came over to us and offered to lift our kayaks up into the roof, pure joy in that heat. Tonight, we plan a fire with hotdogs and s'mores. Thank you Aunty Maia. Tomorrow, we move on, maybe even past Thunder Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th July 2013

congrats
Good for you two- on the road, sounds perfect. Enjoy and thanks for the vicarious paddling!Heading out for supper with your mum.J
17th July 2013

Grammy and I are sitting here having a glass of wine and thinking of your birthday tomorrow. have a happy day and post something for grammy.

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb