A2 RIHLA #27


Advertisement
North America
May 27th 2013
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

See the original article here

Muslims the United Kingdom fear revenge from anti-Islamic extremists after the knifing death of a British Soldier, Lee Rigby, supposedly as a revenge for the death of Muslims worldwide. A mosque was set on fire and a group of English Defense League supporters marched to David Cameron's office and cried out for Muslims to leave England. This act violated the many rights stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, including the right to practice religion by will, the right to a country and the right to one's own life and security. In my opinion, the EDL are technically allow to assemble and protest no matter how extreme the ideas are, but only if they are nonviolent. The burning of a mosque only serves to display how extreme anti-Islamism is. Also, the murder of Lee Rigby only reinforced the stereotype that all Muslims are extremist. The best solution that I think both the EDL and the Muslim community should follow right now is simply to do nothing. Anything that both groups do right now will only reinforce the belief that they are extreme and right winged.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb