A2 RIHLA #26


Advertisement
North America
May 19th 2013
Published: May 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Bangladesh incident, in my opinion, violated article twenty three of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Declaration stated in article three that "Everyone has the right to work... to just and favorable conditions of work ... has the right to equal pay for equal work ... has the right to join trade unions. The Bangladesh incident revealed to the world that workers in the garment industry have not seen a raise since 2010. Not only that, but workers need permission to unionize, and most employers refused to grant permission because they say that "they would lead to a lack of discipline among workers". In addition, many factory safety standards are not followed. According to the article, authorities say that the owner of the building added five illegal floor and heavy equipment that is not supported by the building. This is a clear violation of Article 23 because workers' wages is not on par with the work they do, their working conditions are undesirable and even dangerous, and they are not allowed to join trade unions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb