Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
North America
July 20th 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well after an uneventful taxi ride to the airport (well except for jacquelines unrelenting stomach) we managed to check in several hours early and passed the time away before our red eye to houston. Off we went enjoying the in-seat tvs and sleeping for a while.

Note about Texas - it is hot. 6am we went for a little walk outside the airport and the heat was unreal. Nearly 30 degrees and full humidity all before sunrise. Back to the airconditioning for us.

New York at 2pm was even hotter, and sunnier. We spent 10 mins outdoors and got sunburns. By this point we were too dirty and tired to care. We finally boarded our last flight for home and thought this was it. Almost there. Until we sat on the tarmac waiting for a new co-pilot for a half hour. Then sat waiting for more fuel since there was fog in St. John's. Then we sat out on the tarmac for our turn to take off for another half hour. Once it was our turn they decided we couldn't take off so we had to "pull over" on the side of the runway for another half hour!

Needless to say we were getting a bit antsy. Finally we took off 2 hours late and made it to St. John's 1 hour late.

3 weeks, 1 stolen bag, and countless steaks, pizzas and empanadas we made it back.

And it's good to be here.

Enjoy the pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/zorastrian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb