Day 8 - Maui - Road to Hana


Advertisement
North America
June 19th 2012
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday had arrived!! Today was the day the Banana Bungalow offered the best tour that you can do on Maui...the Road to Hana. If you're going to do anything on a visit to Maui this is it. Unless of course you're me 😞

Woke up with the alarm at 7am and Jordan roll over and cries out in pain. Seems he is just as bad as he was last night. So while every one else was on the road to Hana, I was on the road to the pharmacy once it opened of course. I do have to add that at least Jordan woke up. Maddy opened her eyes them closed them again. When she finally openede them about 3 hours later she asked "So when do we head out on the tour?" ... nice one kiddo.

So now we had to figure out what to do for the day. Jordan had been in bed for an extra hour or so with a heat pack but really wasn't doing great. He said that Maddy & I could have gone, but it was an all day tour and if he had gotten any worse there would have been nothing I could do.

OK so what to do? rather than just sit around, I thought I would head to the shopping mall around the corner and up the road a bit. Maddy decided to come with me and as bad as he was feeling, Jordan decided he wanted to come too. It wasn't the most pleasant for walks.. took about an hour with 2 .. yes 2.. gurmpy kids in the end HOWEVER .. there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

We had lunch and were wandering around the mall when something on a store manequin caught Jordan' eye. It was a a brightblue t-shirt with a lyric froma popular song and it had him all smiles, pain forgotten. We spen a good hour in the store checking out all the cool gear. Jordan bought the shirt and a matching necklace that had a different lyric from the same song 'Im Sexy and I Know It'. there as the chance of a riot breaking out when the store manager mentioned that the necklace was the ast one in the store and BOTH kids had decided that they wanted it. WWIII was averted when Maddy proved he manager wrong by finding not one but 2 more ..PHEW!

Not sure it was the painkillers or just being in a good mood, but Jordan even let me buy him a bright pair of purple shorts to finish off the outfit. He looks sensational and NOTHING like he ever has before. I have to say I am retty impressed.

We caught a bus back to the hostel for $1each - NICE... was so not up for a walk back.

This evening we have been packing al our gear. We are heading to our next place of accomodation. Was trying to work out the best way to get there when Lana (one of the hostel managers) said that we could take all our gear on the tour for tomorrow seeing as it was going to be rigt at our new hotel. AWESOME!

Really looking forward to the next 4 days. Have booked into a nice hotel as a b'day prez to myself (well over an above thi entire holiday being for my b'day :P) THis has been fun but looking forward to comfy beds and private bathroom :D

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb