Rihla # 22


Advertisement
North America
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. The article that I choose to summarize was a blog post written about the Kony 2012 contriversies. My article was stating how Invisible Children was a create nonprofit organization to help put and support, but that you shouldn't purchase anything from this nonprofit. The article stated that more than half of the money acquire from Uganda was given to Invisible Children people and not to help the kids in Ugangda. I thought that fact was really interesting because the company is nonprofit. That means they can't make a profit from items they sell.

2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history?

This even relates to today's history. This is an issue that has been going on for 26 years. An issue that I just found out about when the video came out. The video made a point that staying inform is a good thing and its extremely important.

3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

The cause is the huge impact Invisible Children had on today's society with their video. The effect was that a lot of people wanted to be involved and capture Joseph Kony.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

My question is what is true? I wanted to know if the alligations made towards Invisible Children true?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb