RIHLA #22


Advertisement
North America
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

My article link: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/world/meast/syria-unrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t2



My article title: 45 women, children killed in Homs massacre



Summary: At least 45 women and children were stabbed and burned to death late Sunday in the Syrian city of Homs, after peace talks between a U.N. special envoy and the Syrian regime failed to yield a cease-fire.



This relates to class because in class we went over how people were being killed for not converting to a religion or a particular belief. Athough in this story no one was killed because of not converting over to a particular religion or belief, people were killed because of a disagreement which is the same ill mindset wlegend over in class. This is quite disturbing.



Yes there is a cause, effect relationship. The cause is that women don't want to be treated the way they were being treated so they held themselves hostage, it seems. The effect, of course, is the lives of the women and their children.



What exactly happened? What made the women just no decide the mistreatment needed to end? Will the killers be prosecuted? It would be great to interview a women who survived this terrible incident.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb