Rihla 21


Advertisement
North America
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?
The article showed that modern day slavery involves human trafficking. What they do is make people work for them and then threaten them since they know they are vulnerable. Common day slavery is when people use others

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?
It connects back to lincoln because he abolished slavery yet it is still going on and slavey has been banned for years. This also ties back and shows you that things have evolve form plantation slavery to human trafficking.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?
They help combat human trafficking and help others stand up for what they believe in. I think it's a great project to have a support system for those who don't have anybody.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?
I think it is considered slavery because those individuals are forced to do labor they don't want to. This is also considered slavery because they aren't getting any money out of it.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?
modern day slavery can be illegal immigrants working in the United States.
The reason I think it is modern day slavery is because They work more minimum wage and work u der harsh conditions. The reason this is because they live in fear of getting kicked out of the country so they try their best to fit in with society and comply with their job regulations.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

We should try and catch all those who are not following the rules because in the end it's still slavery and is not right. I also am angered at how all this goes on even though slavery is suppose to be gone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb