Rihla 19


Advertisement
North America
February 17th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) Accoding to the article, the reason that books are banned in some states is because they deal with controversial themes. They range from religion, sexuality, and even abortion.

2) I do not agree with the banding of books because they are there to prove points and express ideas that the author feels are important. I don't think it's right to get rid of something just because it might offend some people. The first amendment in the constitution makes it legal for any one to express themselves.

3) I think that students should be able to read any book that they want. Sexuality is something that teens all around the world are going to explore at one point in their life. In respect towards statements of liquor and drugs, parents shoknow go back to their teens years when the presence of alcohol and drugs was present. They now have a nice house, a good job, and a great family even with the portrayals of drugs and alcohol around them. In today's society alcohol, drugs, sex, and foul language are all around us, but it does not affect us all. I walk home everyday and see condoms and bottles on the floor and that does not influence me to drink or have sex.

4) Teachers are pressured by parents to ban books. If parents want their kids to do things the right way, than they should teach them that at home. The teacher is placed in the classroom to teach kids about different topics that at one point relate to alcohol/sex/religion. I guess we should not talk to kids about prohibition, or European history, or American history, or AIDS, or STDS, or Alcohol Abuse. We should let them find out by themselves how their actions can have consequences. I guess we could teach our children about the bad things in life when they are in the morgue.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb