Rhila 8


Advertisement
North America
November 7th 2011
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In ancient Rome games where a part of daily life. Gladhiators and chariot races where very popular. Gladiator games were consider kind of spiritual. Each gladiator had different armor, meaning that each were different types of gladiators, they fought different. A gladiator was consider lower than an actor. Actors at that time were consider almost like prostitutes. If a gladiator fought well enough he can buy his freedom because most of the times they were slaves. When games of the gladiators were on, usually they were free. A lot lost their lives but it was of little matter to the Romans.
The chariot races were a popular entertainment as well. Some chariot racers we not slaves but professionals. There was no rules in a game. In order to win the game you had to pass a certain amount of turns in the arena. The racers had different colors that represented different things. It was kind of like teams, also the chariots had to be light in order for the chariot to go faster. A chariot could have four or more horses, the more horses the faster it went. In a day there were about 40 races or more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb