Mayans


Advertisement
North America
October 31st 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Mayan civilization was one of the first on this world. The Mayans lived traditionally with a strong culture but a small population. Mayan culture had been known for its art and architecture as well as it's math and astronomy systems.

Furthermore, Mayan architecture has been around for many years and it's best achievements had been stepped pyramids. They had a varity of painting skills and loved the life of art. They would often even paint murals in their spare time.Another achievemnt of the mayans wasThe Mayan Calendar,which had not been the first but with some changes it had been a notable one which was documented.

Religion played a big part of their lives. The Mayan religion had 13 gods, one for each of the 13 heavens and 9 gods from the 9 underworlds. Just about every natural element had its own god. Moods had been mainly affected by either the days in the Mayan calendar or the position of the sun, moon and stars. A few of the more important gods were Chaac – God of Rain and Thunder, Ixchel – jaguar goddess of midwifery, Ah Puch – God of Death.

Http://cancun.travel/en/things-to-do/Mayan-culture/
Http://bruceowen.com/worldprehist/3250s18.htm








Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb