Inspirational Quotes


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha
I think this quote is very inspirational because too many people worry about what the future holds and/or are thinking about what the past had been like. What people don't realize they are alive living now, right at this very moment. Everyone should live for now not for later. Do what the heart desires.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."  -Martin Luther King Jr.
I really like this quote because I strongly dislike the idea and reality of racism. Everyone is human. The color of the skin is just what makes people different, just like gender, height, or personality. Everyone is unique in their own way. No one should judge.

"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often."
-Mark twain
This quote shows that people should think before they act. This is so true because people act without thought and sometimes pay for their actions in ways they never thought. For example, if someone is angry and hurts another individual they may be sent to prison, which is really sad. Thinking before acting is the key to success of a relationship or to fix what may be "broken"

"The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between."
-Mother Theresa 
I believe this quote is important to me because I don't believe in abortion. I feel if someone can kill a unborn innocent child then anyone can kill. I understand if a women had been forced to have sex when she did not and decided to abort then there maybe can be an exception. However, for the girls who choose to have sex they should understand the responsibility and possibility of getting pregnant. Life is too precious for irresponsible individuals to end a babies life. There is an alternative such as adoption.

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
-Michael Jordan
This is the number one quote that inspires me. This is because everyone is faced with obstacles. We just all must find away to get through it. To get to success we must fail and get up and try again. Everything we do takes hard work but that is exactly what makes everything worth it in the end. We just all must keep our head up,shoulders back, and back straight. If we think we can do it; we will. If we think we can not succeed; we won't. Everything is left up to one's own self.


This relates to class because quotes inspire everyone's journey. Just like Steve Jobs' quotes helped him get through things, other people's quotes help me get through situations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb