weird GOOD - on the river again


Advertisement
North America
January 9th 2011
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness! Boating... not boat-yarding!!!

So glad to report that we're southing ourselves ASAP.

We're gobbling up miles on the ICW. Trying to blog on the Blackberry.

Reporting from Daytona. Photos for fun.

We'll see.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



9th January 2011

Hoping to catch up with you when we are in Orlando. Enjoy yourselves!
9th January 2011

Congratulations!
Congratulations for making it through and out from the dry dock to the wet narrows -- soon to be the wet wides. As usual, great pics on your blog. We've just had a few days of cold (-10C) and snow (@10"). Beautiful to look at from the window. Meanwhile, our furnace is malfunctioning again today (the fan stays on, but the gas keeps turning off). Down to 15 C in the house now. Miles tried this and that (he's also got a gas licence), and now thinks it might need a new temperature switch, and he just happens to have a spare furnace that he can take a switch out of. Not the usual neighbour, is he? We are thankful and hopeful.
11th January 2011

Yayyyyyyy! Under Way!
See ya soon! Get them pickin' fingers loosened up!
13th January 2011

Wonderful!
Hi Chris & Frank. Glad to hear that you're water bound. Thanks, Chris, for calling. The new silverware should arrive by the end of the week. Exciting. "Don't cry over spilled milk," is my new motto! (Everyone assures me the lost/stollen box will show up, but I doubt it.) I am down for 3 courses (should be 2) and tomorrow will determine whether or not they all run. The good thing is that enough will allow me to return to Africa next summer for a bit. It'll also keep me busy and focussed on something positive. By next spring (2012 -- say May), I'd love to come and spend a bit of time with you two on Melodian. What do you think? Glad you're aloat again. That's as it should be. Cheers. K.
26th January 2011

Good to see you moving along
Hi guys, I hear you met up with Bob and Connie on Meredith. Hope you are having a good time. Enjoy the blogs, keep em coming, I am checking blogs as a way to combat winter. Not as good as being there, but it helps. Ruth and Mark S.V. Witchcraft

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.7kb