Cruising with Carnival Splendor


Advertisement
North America
February 19th 2010
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Vallarta Feb 2010Puerto Vallarta Feb 2010Puerto Vallarta Feb 2010

Barely enough sun to take a picture!
Nadine and I met the Carnival Splendor in Long Beach on Jan. 31st. It's an amazing ship, less than two years old and almost unbelievably huge. Our room was charming. We had a balcony and more storage space than I have in our home bedroom! It took us a while for us to oriented (okay, it took Nadine a while. It took me the entire week) and it was fun exploring the dining areas, the 22 bars and lounges, the gift shops and the pool and deck areas.

Nadine highlighted interesting things to do in our nightly ship's newsletter and we spent our days at sea doing as many things as we could. We went to an art history class, an art auction, learned how to make towel animals, watched karaoke, etc. Best of all was the wonderful show-time entertainment we watched every night at 10:15 (after dinner).

It poured rain the day we were in Puerto Vallarta! We took a bus tour then tried to walk in the old part of town. We finally had to go back to the ship - when it rains in Mexico the roads become flooded really quickly. Oh, I ran into one
Mazatlan 2010Mazatlan 2010Mazatlan 2010

A few rays of sunshine!
of my neighbours while walking down the street! I can't even say it's a small world because at least eight people I know are in PV right now for the winter.

Hooray, we had a brilliantly sunny day in Mazatlan. We took an 8-hour bus tour into the Sierra Madre Mountains, visiting three little villages along the way. Barry and I took the same tour twenty years ago and nothing had changed, I'm sure.

We had another lovely day in Cabo San Lucas. That town has changed completely from when Barry and I were there. It's so americanized now and every surrounding hill has a housing or condo complex creeping up the side. Still, it was Mexico and it was WARM and Nadine and I were spending Mom/Daughter time together. That's all that mattered.

We were both feeling a bit tipsy on our last day at sea. Nadine and I both took a Gravol so we could enjoy our last wonderful meal in the restaurant! The food was amazing and we really enjoyed our two table-mates, Solomon and Sheba, a young couple who had been married only two weeks earlier in California.

Brent and Barry were
Leaving MazatlanLeaving MazatlanLeaving Mazatlan

We got good at self-photos
waiting at the Victoria airport when we finally got there at midnight on Feb. 7th. We were tired but had had a good time. I think we'd both like to do a cruise again; we think it would be fun to have relatives and friends, as many as want to come, come with us. We'll see....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Cruise Elegant NightCruise Elegant Night
Cruise Elegant Night

Looking our best


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb