to mexico!


Advertisement
North America
January 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

short blog severely limited by cafe time. After climbing volcan santa maria for the sunrise, a sublime and seriously sub zero endeavor that was extremely beautiful, picking up my camera and dropping off some banana bread at my beloved host fam, i left xela in a hurry, litterally running because it was late and i needed a bus. I made it to mazatenango on the twenty third at like 7 pm, and looked frantically for a hotel, finally found one after getting booted from a dumpy motel by a drunk owner. the next day i hopped a direct for tulate, crossed the river and saw the ocean for the first time in my journey throught the isthimus. I was there for christmas and christmas day, splashing in the waves and surviving on peanut butter and banana sandwiches and coconuts, which were cheaper thatn water. I went to huehue to stay with the fenelons, stef and claricia and conny, for a few days, and they were more than hospitable, i lived in luxury, and then i crossed the border at la messilla and made haste to oaxaca. more later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb