Vancouver Day 3 - Grouse Mountain. Pre Contiki Day


Advertisement
North America
June 26th 2008
Published: January 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was a really cold morning today and started to rain and sprinkle a little bit. I went to do some shopping and to the internet Cafe then we checked out and stored out luggage at the hotel. We did have some concerns about storing our luggage at hotel as "storing" was putting in an unlocked and open room downstairs that was getting renovated so several workers were inside.

Cat and I headed up to Grouse Mountain. Only just making the bus. We were debating going up because of the weather (rain and fog). We got the gondola up the mountain. It was so steep. I don't know how ppl hike it. But I would like to try one day. I was a little scared (heights) but not too bad. When we got out it was FREEZING!. As soon as we got out we went into the gift shop and I bought a jacket. A expensive jacket which is waterproof and wind proof. So I was in 4 layers and still freezing but it was a little better. It was so foggy we couldn't see any of Vancouver. Those amazing grouse mountain views we have heard so much about were left to our imaginations. We could barley see more than a meter in front of us. Then we started to notice snow and ice everywhere. I got slightly excited due to my lack of snow exposure in my life. Got some really nice pictures. We watched about half of the lumbar jack show which was quite good. We then went and saw the grizzlies playing in the snow. We didn't see the wolves which are located somewhere near the car park.

After that we went to the internet cafe and then picked up our luggage (yes it was still there) and got a cab to the Sandman Hotel Downtown where our Contiki would depart from the next day.

We had a pre-departure meeting in the lobby at 7:00 pm so we met our tour guide and majority of tour mates. Most of us went to the hotel bar after dinner and got into some Canadian Cocktails. After that I think some stayed at the bar, some went to bed to get over their jet lag and others hit other bars in town. Cat, Hayley, Sandra, Damo and myself decided to have a little walk around Vancouver. Walked past the library, had some photos by a random fountain and then found a random bar. Cat and Hayley drooled over an Irish accent owned by the bar tender. We stayed i think to around 11 12 00 and then headed back to the hotel for our sleep all excited for our departure tomorrow. Whistler here we come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb