Contiki Day 1 - Vancouver to Whistler


Advertisement
North America
June 27th 2008
Published: January 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first official day on tour. We left the hotel around 10:30 am (a late start for Contiki but a much appreciated sleep in). The first part of the tour was a driving sightseeing tour of the city. James was our tour guide, John our driver. The Contiki Buses in America are different from the ones I had been on So far (in Oz) They only have Contiki in quite small writing and are nice and leather inside but do not seem to have as much room. We drove around Gas Town and China Town and then got dropped near Canada Place and had some free time to have lunch. After lunch we went to Stanley Park and saw the Totem Poles, and Prospect Point lookout. The lookout had great views of North and West Vancouver and Lions Gate Bridge.

We then left for Whistler which was approximately a 2 hours drive. We stayed at Crystal Lodge which was really nice and right in the center of Whistler.

Dinner that night was included at the Spagetti Factory. It was ok. Yes it was spagetti. I think we had icecream too for desert. After Dinner we went out for drinks. (cant remember where but one of the places had a cage) and met some more tour mates. Drinks were about $7.50 CAD. Stated out until about 1:00 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 1.724s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb