Going South


Advertisement
North America
October 30th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Going South


“A wise traveler never despises his own country.” - Carlo Goldoni




On The Road Again...Well, we are off on another trip. Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas Texas. The route we are taking is based on the Civil War Battlefields. Bob has been reading and studying what happened and where.
But we will have side trips/stops and other points of interest..
KENTUCKY
Carter Cave Resort State Park This region has the highest concentration of caves to be found in any area of Kentucky. We toured Cascade Cave one of the largest caves in the park. It also has a 30 foot high underground waterfall.

Carter Cave

Natural Bridge It is similar to the Arches National Park but on a much smaller scale. We hiked the trail up, about 1 mile, to the Natural Bridge. It was a beautiful day and the leaves were just falling.
Natural Bridge


Berea, Kentucky This is an artsy town with a large college. Berea College tuition depends on one’s assets and income. It can be very inexpensive; it was the first college in the US to admit African American.
Berea College


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th October 2009

Neat idea
That is a different idea of following the Civil War places. I did that with a trip I did with my kids when they were younger. Have fun.
30th October 2009

Glad you are off having fun. You ought to sublet your home! We are fine. I am v. busy as usual--tutoring, working at the polls, tennis, visitors etc. We were visiting friends in their home at Hilton Head for a week. V. pleasant. Take care and happy halloween.
1st November 2009

OKLAHOMA
If there is any way you can stop by, we would love to have you visit us......

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb