Day 4 and 5: from Memphis, TN to Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas


Advertisement
North America
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is day 5 and we are taking it slow. Need some relax time, before we hit the road again. And the next two days will be long drives, we need to make some miles!
Anyway, two days ago we stayed in Memphis, TN. I've been there before, so I knew what to expect. It was a Monday, so it was a pretty quiet night. We went to one of the restaurants on Beale Street and I have to admit, had the best ribs there! They know how to make them! Awesome! Later we listened to some life music. The next morning after breakfast we hit the road, although not too far. We made it to Hot Springs, AR. The Hot Springs National Park has been the first National Park in the US. The town is famous for their mineral springs. Reminds me a little bit of Marienbad in the Czech Republic. In the 30s to 40s it has it's heydays, and even Al Capone stayed in the Arlington Hotel, where we stay right now. (http://www.arlingtonhotel.com/). And also an interesting fact: Bill Clinton grew up in Hot Springs. These days the whole town of Hot Springs is a bit worn down, a lot of hotels abandoned.
Yesterday we relaxed a the pool, I went running. Today we went for a walk and in the afternoon we will go to Lake Hamilton just south of Hot Springs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb