DAY 1 - Maui, Hawaii


Advertisement
North America
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Flight from PHX and LA was on time. We left home around 12:45 PM to the PHX airport. Ashok dropped us. We had 2 ½ hours in LA. We had an early dinner at Baja Fresh inside the airortl. After finishing dinner, we came to the terminal to realize that there was some mechanical trouble with the plane. No estimates were provided initially.
I called the resort and let them know, that I might be delayed. Luckily, the delay was only for 30 minutes. Pilot promised that he would make up the time. We reached almost on time.

We took a 2 minute shuttle bus to Alamo car rental. There was bit of a line. It was already 9:45 PM. Lady in the counter convinced me to rent a Jeep for extra dollars. Since we were planning to drive to Haleakala and Hana, we decided to go with the upgrade. We loaded the luggage and left. We realized a little later that there was no manual in the dash for the Jeep. Oh, well.
Papakea resort is in North West Maui. It is after Kaanapali area. The drive was beautiful with ocean on one side and winding roads.
Security guard met us in the parking lot and gave us the keys. He also told us the location for A-406 condo. To our surprise, we found the condo to be an ocean-front! It was a pleasant surprise. Kids ran upstairs to check the loft with queen bed. It was already around 11:30 now. We just wanted to sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.504s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb