Flathead Lake - Kalispell, Montana


Advertisement
North America
August 26th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay, lets do it !Okay, lets do it !Okay, lets do it !

Okay, the pontoons are inflated and off we go............now let's get them in the water.......
Arrived here today for fishing and fun on the Flathead River and Flathead Lake at Kalispell, Montana. This is a beautiful city. I could live here, but for the freezing over of the lake and the bitterly cold winters! This is the largest lake in the west according to information we have received.


Now it's time to try out the fishing pontoons! Our car looks like the Beverly Hillbillies have come to town! Two pontoon boats stuck on top of the car, hauling down the road at 65 mph! Ahhhhhh but we are having fun! We bought two new fishing pontoons in Missoula, Montana before we left so that we could have the ultimate fun adventure. For what we would have paid for one float trip with a guide, we could buy two pontoons and do it ourselves, over and over again. What a deal !


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Ready to Go !Ready to Go !
Ready to Go !

I am heading down river 14 miles to the pick up point with the car so that when we arrive there this evening, the car will be waiting. Be back shortly, be ready! Whew ! I don't think this car has ever been this dirty.......think I could get you to wash it for me? .....in my dreams !
Oh soooo  close!Oh soooo  close!
Oh soooo close!

We had to hire someone to pick Bill up and bring him back here after he dropped off the car at the takeout point 14 miles downriver. Now it is my job to get everything ready so that when he returns we can hit the river!
Well, we are afloat and we are fishing!Well, we are afloat and we are fishing!
Well, we are afloat and we are fishing!

Actually, this is the way to go ! Freedom in travel and freedom in fishing. What more could you want?
Got one on !Got one on !
Got one on !

Hooked a Rainbow Trout! Hmmm dinner! He is too small - had to release him!
A Little stop for lunch!A Little stop for lunch!
A Little stop for lunch!

All in all, we were on the water from 9a.m. until 7 p.m.
Under the Railroad TrestleUnder the Railroad Trestle
Under the Railroad Trestle

Our friends ran across the trestle to see if they could get our picture. We were later than they expected. We stopped for lunch along the way. This takes a lot longer than one might think to float 14 miles.
This is really fun !This is really fun !
This is really fun !

When one approaches the rapids, all cameras, fishing poles, and everything else is put away so that we can concentrate on riding the rapids and not turning over.
This is the south fork of the flathead RiverThis is the south fork of the flathead River
This is the south fork of the flathead River

Fishing here is great! There are more rapids here than on the north fork of the river. Lot's of excitement !


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.1kb