Coeur D'Alene - a must see and play area !


Advertisement
North America
June 20th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Coeur D'Alene Hotel and ResortThe Coeur D'Alene Hotel and ResortThe Coeur D'Alene Hotel and Resort

This is a beautiful spot. The swimming part of the race was held just to the right of the marina.
We arrived in Coeur D'Alene just in time for the "Ironman" triathlon. Of course Bill wanted to compete but he forgot his bike! The triathlon consists of 2608 people from all over the world beginning their day at 7 a.m. with a 2.6 mile swim in the rough and very cold waters of Lake Coeur D'Alene, then a 112 mile bicycle ride, and ending with a run of 26 miles. The winner won $100,000 plus a new ford automobile and a $6,000 bike. These people are in shape, with their rock hard skinny little bodies, they are fierce competitors. It took roughly 8.6 hours to complete the course (for the winner). Everyone else came in from 5 p.m. until midnight.

This is a beautiful town as well. We really haven't seen a city in Idaho that wasn't beautiful. Coeur D'Alene is surrounded by mountains and rests around a beautiful breathtaking lake.

The golf course is world renown! The world's onlly "floating" golf green is here. They move it from time to time. If you are lucky enough to make the 175 yd. shot to the green, a boat will pick you up at the edge of the fairway and
Swimming the IronmanSwimming the IronmanSwimming the Ironman

The swimming part of the competition begins at 7 a.m. The water is cold and very choppy for the 2.5 mile swim.
deliver you to the green to putt out your ball.

Fishing here is wonderful as well. We had great success on the north fork of the Coeur D'Alene River. All trout of course! We have eaten trout in every conceivable way it could possibly be prepared.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

On to the biking !On to the biking !
On to the biking !

Okay, swim is over now on to the bicycling portion of the race !
bicyclingbicycling
bicycling

The 112 mile bike race takes most of the afternoon.
And now the run - 26.2 milesAnd now the run - 26.2 miles
And now the run - 26.2 miles

The finishing of the race is the 26.2 mile run! May the best man/woman win !
The World's Only Movable Floating GreenThe World's Only Movable Floating Green
The World's Only Movable Floating Green

Here is the world's only movable floating green. If you are lucky enough to reach the green on your 175 yd. shot, a boat will deliver you to and from the green to make your "one putt" !


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb