A Day in Paradise: Exploring Block Island


Advertisement
North America
November 9th 2023
Published: November 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Nestled in the Atlantic Ocean, just off the coast of Rhode Island, Block Island is a hidden gem that promises a perfect day trip. With its pristine beaches, charming eateries, and breathtaking sunsets, this idyllic island offers a slice of coastal heaven waiting to be discovered.

Morning: Breakfast and Beach Bliss

Start your day with a hearty breakfast at one of the island's cozy cafes. Popular choices include Aldo's Bakery or Rebecca's Takeout, known for their delicious pastries and fresh coffee. Once you're fueled up, it's time to hit the beach. Head to Crescent Beach, where golden sands and crystal-clear waters await. Spend your morning swimming, sunbathing, or simply strolling along the shore, enjoying the stunning coastal views.

Mid-Morning: Biking Adventure

After soaking up the sun, rent a bike from one of the island's rental shops. Block Island is famous for its scenic bike paths that meander through picturesque landscapes. The 7-mile loop around the island offers breathtaking ocean views, rolling hills, and lush meadows. Don't miss the Mohegan Bluffs, where you can take a short hike down the stairs for an awe-inspiring view of the towering cliffs and the crashing waves below.

Lunch: Quaint Eateries

Around lunchtime, treat yourself to some island cuisine. The National Hotel or The Oar are excellent choices for a delicious meal. Savour fresh seafood, such as lobster rolls and clam chowder, while enjoying the laid-back island atmosphere. After your meal, take a stroll through the charming town of Old Harbor and explore its unique boutiques and art galleries.

Afternoon: Moped Exploration

For a change of pace, rent a moped to explore the island's hidden gems. It's an exhilarating way to discover the island's picturesque beauty at your own pace. Follow the scenic coastal roads and stop at iconic landmarks like Southeast Lighthouse, Settler's Rock, and the North Light. Along the way, you'll encounter breathtaking vistas and photo opportunities that will leave you in awe.

Evening: Sunset Spectacle

As the day winds down, head to one of Block Island's stunning sunset spots. Clay Head Preserve and Ballard's Beach are two great options, offering unobstructed views of the setting sun. Bring a blanket and a picnic, and watch as the sky transforms into a canvas of vibrant colours. It's the perfect way to end your day trip, surrounded by natural beauty and tranquillity.

A Night to Remember

For those who want to continue the party into the late hours, there are several Block Island bars like Yellow Kittens Tavern. This late-night hotspot is famous for its DJ-spun tunes and lively atmosphere. Join the locals and fellow visitors for a night of dancing and good times.

Block Island's nightlife scene is diverse, offering something for everyone. Whether you prefer a cozy bar with live music or a high-energy dance floor, the island has you covered. After a day filled with exploration, relaxation, and beachside fun, let loose, enjoy some drinks, and dance the night away – creating memories that will make your day trip to Block Island truly unforgettable.

Conclusion: An Unforgettable Day

Block Island may be a small island, but it packs a big punch when it comes to natural beauty and recreational opportunities. From relaxing on pristine beaches to embarking on outdoor adventures, enjoying delicious island cuisine, and witnessing captivating sunsets, a day trip to Block Island promises memories that will last a lifetime. So, grab your sunscreen your sense of adventure, and head to this coastal paradise for a day you won't soon forget.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.542s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb