Three Best Beaches to Go for Exploring the Ocean


Advertisement
North America
December 16th 2020
Published: December 16th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Looking for the best snorkelling spots in Perth? We have put together a list of the three best beaches to go exploring the ocean, so grab you face snorkel and hit the water!

Burns Beach
In the Northern suburbs, at the end of West Coast Drive, you will find Burns Beach! This small beach has sandy shores surrounded by rocky reef, creating a strong ecosystem of coral and fish life.

Bruns beach you will find your classic sea life such as skippy, whiting and angle fish. As well as other more exotic fish like the Dhufish, which can grow to up to 10 kilos!

Best time to go snorkelling is during the summer months in the morning, this often when the wind is at its weakest point and the ocean is dead flat.

Marmion Marine Park
This large marine park stretches from North beach down to south Sorrento, it's a large coral marine park that contains a large variety of fish and life.

Marmion can get crowded during the summer months, but like we mentioned this is a large collection of coral, ensuring you will have your space to snorkel
and discover all Marmion Marine Park large aquatic life!

One aspect that makes Marmion Marine Park stand out from the rest is the ability to go fishing and kayaking in this area without the worry of hurting someone. As we mentioned Marmion Marine Park is huge, this means you can go bout your activity of choice without any hassle.

Mettams Pool
Mettams Pool is Perths most popular destination for snorkelers. This white sand bay is completely sheltered from the swell and waves by a crop of rocks, this is home to a large variety of sea life.

Here you will find large King George Whiting, Herring, baitfish and tailor lurking in and among the coral. If your lucky you will come across large Zebrafish and rock cod, these are a true sight to see and you will be left breathless by their size.

Mettams is a great snorkel spot for families and young children. The water is calm and in the summer months, lifeguards are posted every day to ensure swimmers and bench goers are safe.

Advertisement



Tot: 2.342s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb