Four Corners = More States


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 18th 2017
Published: July 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Heading out today! The goal was to be packed down and ready to pull out at 9:00 so the girls could take one more ride on the ATVs. No pun intended, Crap happens. There was a clog in the black line so Alex had to stay and deal with that. The joys of RVing! The girls headed to the rec center to turn in the golf cart as well as a last ride on the ATVS. Jordan and Grace had another 15 minute ride which was to compensate us for not having the wagon ride last night. Alexis went to the lodge to work on downloading again.



By the time they got back to the camper Alex had everything cleaned out and was ready to hitch up. We got connected and headed towards Four Corners. We should be able to add a few states to the map today.



During the drive, Jody worked on gathering and compiling photos as well as finishing up some blog updates so that as soon as we get some WiFi we can upload.





To get to Four Corners we had to backtrack because of the limited access to Zion. We stopped in Page, Arizona at a Walmart we had visited before. We stocked up on water and a few groceries. Then we had lunch at the McDonald’s across the street. We were trying to use the free WiFi to upload to the blog. Jordan and Alexis were trying to download videos for the ride. Grace and Jody played Go Fish with Grace’s Happy Meal Prize. Alex was people watching and noted that we were in the minority as that most of the customers in the store were foreign and speaking other languages. After 45 minutes and only one blog post had uploaded we decided we had to be going.



We entered Four Corners in New Mexico. We stood in a very hot line, on the line between New Mexico and Colorado to get our photos taken on the four corners emblem. Alexis and Grace ran around to touch each state. After a few pictures we stopped at one of the vendors. Around the emblem is a square. Each side of the square has vendor stalls/booths. We shopped in Arizona. It was really hot so we headed back on the road.





We had to go back out through Arizona then into New Mexico. We traveled south on Route 371 to Route 66. It took most of the day. As we traveled route 371 we were watching storms all around us. We tried to get pictures of the lightning crashing on all sides of us. Finally we hit a little rain but not much. As we traveled on route 40/66 we passed a driver flashing his lights at us. We slowed down. We came upon police cars with lights flashing. There had been a flash flood and the creek had run over the road. It was passable by the time arrived but there was a lot of mud on the road which ended up on the truck and camper. They both are going to need a bath when we get home. It was getting late around 9:30pm and we had not stopped for dinner. After a stop for gas and DEF, we pulled into a closed restaurant parking lot to grab a quick snack.



We finally stopped at a Walmart to sleep in Edgewood, NM. We were glad we had gotten to the far side of Albuquerque before stopping. Throughout the day the girls and Alex were singing and making puns that referenced High School Musical since we were heading towards Albuquerque.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb