Highway One to Berkeley


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 21st 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.6395, -99.8438

Rained during the night but was clearing it appeared but got our tent down and then it started raining again! Got coffee and croissant at Moody's and were on the road. Took the Coast Road south. It is winding in several places and there were impatient people behind us several times.

There are lots of beautiful overlooks that we took advantage of. Stopped In Elk at the park there and walked down to the overlook and enjoyed the crashing waves and the setting. There was an informational sign about the marine life in the area.

Continued down the road and stopped at headlands near the Point Arena Lighthouse and checked out the seals and walked some of the headlands and enjoyed the view there as well. We also saw more of the gray whales migrating which has been a real treat this trip.
The last part of the drive took us high above the ocean and we were actually driving above the clouds it seemed. Stopped at Jenner to check out the seal colony that is there and they did not disappoint. There were also some surfers that provided a little entertainment for awhile before making the final push into Berkeley. Got the car unloaded and ready to return in the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb