March for Science, San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.7792, -122.42

Before we left on this trip, Robert had signed us up as participants in the March for Science that was going to be in San Francisco. Kjersten had signed up for the one in Berkeley that also had a visit to a garden and invited us to go with her and we had thought about doing that but in the end we decide d to stay with plan A and go to the one in San Francisco.
Took the bus to the BART in West Oakland and rode in to the Embarcadero stop. It was easy to see where everything was going to be happening. Hundreds of people with signs were on the BART and when you got off there were people coming from all directions to the park where the speeches were going to happen and the march would start from there.

Great signs everywhere, lots of science puns or plays on words to use of the periodic table to spell out sign. It was all so very positive and upbeat and there were people from the very old to infants there. The first part was a lot of speeches from various people. Could not hear all the speeches but
People Mover airport to colesiumPeople Mover airport to colesiumPeople Mover airport to colesium

picture taken as we return our rent car
were all in the same vein about the need and value of science in all areas of life.

The March started at 12:30 and we did not start walking until about 1:00 and it took us an hour to get to the place where the exhibits, music, food trucks were. Checked out the electric car and walked around the exhibits looking at the children getting their faces painted, people signing petitions and other activities. It was a great day and gave you a feeling of hope and the power of the individual voice!



Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb