Berkeley to Russian Gulch


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 15th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.6395, -99.8438

After breaking camp, went over to Breakwater Cove to see if any seals or otters were out and we got to see some more seal antics and baby otters with their mother. The drive back to Berkeley was uneventful and we stopped at Berkeley Bowl for lunch.

Back to the outlet to regroup, rearrange the car and dry the tent out. Paul came by and told us we were invited to the house for pizza in the evening and Walter would be there as well. Never pass up a chance for Paul's pizza and said sure.

Took the bus to near their house and walked the rest of the way. Great pizza, salad and wine and lots of fun conversation. Took Uber back to the cottage.

Leave around 9:30 and stop in Santa Rosa at the REI for some supplies and then onto Highway 128 to Russian Gulch. Got there and they had had a lot of rain and some of the campsites were actually filled with standing water. The weekend is Easter weekend and we were not able to get a reservation at Russian Gulch for Saturday night so we will check out and camp at Van Damme State Park. New feature at the park......tokens for the showers in the state parks. This is in part due to the attempt to conserve water. Shower tip: If there are handicapped showers or family showers and no handicapped campers in the area, use it and you can usually get by with one token if fast. Each token is $1 and lasts for about 5 minutes.

Got ourselves set up and went to the overlook for dinner. Always so nice to hang out there and watch for whales, and other wildlife that comes by.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb