Too Late to Turn Back Now!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 28th 2017
Saved: August 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Up at 4am in the pitch dark and we are heading for the Kelowna airport. First stop is Seattle, then several hours in lovely San Francisco. I notice two fellows with beautifully decorated clothing and suitcases. Of course I need to ask and am told the artwork is done with leather paint, and that they have come from New York for a meeting with Google. They each hand me their business cards. Laolu's is a postcard stating he is a human rights lawyer, artist and musician originally from Nigeria. Beyoncé reveals his body art in her album "Lemonade". Google it. The front of his card is a message to Trump that states 'Am I a threat to your Liberty?' with an African painted statue of liberty. Oluwatobi (yes, I had to practice his name) is also an African artist living in Brooklyn who creates amazing visuals. He is most concerned with his future in the U.S.



Onwards to Los Angeles. At 11pm we board our last aircraft. Finally, after a total of 34 hours travelling, we approach NZ. From the sky, we view gorgeous, lush, and fairy tale sights. Thank God, we can lay down in our hotel beds and rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

6th March 2017

Yes, you tiny terrorist!
LOL, what a mugshot, Cathy! I'm so happy right now, because ALL of your posts came in this morning, so I am re-connected. Thank you! Glad you got a business card cuz that leather artwork is worth keeping an eye out for. I'm surprised Chris hasn't got an order in already... or does he? I went with Kyle to his acupuncture treatment this morning... he said, "F@#k that hurt!" lol. He has come away with two little metal nails in his right ear and a magnet wand to zap himself there if he feels any sort of inclination towards a cigarette. Verrry interesting! Anyway, now I am going to go on and read up on your travels. See you next entry :)

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb