Fredzeppelin's Western Patrol '17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 17th 2017
Published: February 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

For the last couple of years, since my partner Cathy retired, we've been taking our winter vacation in Florida. We've visited family (whether they wanted or not ;<😉 and then gone down to the Keys for some sailing in our little Day Sailer, Key Lime Pi. This year though, the boss suggested that we travel a little farther afield and head out to the south west. To that end, we found an old Avion camper trailer, and fixed it up for the trip.

Every boat needs a name, and so, I think, do campers. So after some hemming and hawing, we decided on a name for our blimp-like, aluminum traveling home -- Fredzeppelin. I thought the name was a bit clever, and very original, but a quick Google search showed me I was wrong in that regard. Turns out that there is a tribute band in England of that very name, imagine that? A name is good, but you also need a mascot, and that was provided by my brother and his wife -- and here he is, Mr. Fred Zeppelin.



As we travel, Fred puts his best feature on display in our kitchen window, for those passing us to enjoy. I also suggested we write "TEE" on one cheek, and "rump" on the other, but, alas, that was rejected by the rules committee.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb