Canyonlands


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 16th 2015
Published: September 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

THE ROAD SOUTH

Soon after leaving Creston, BC we crossed the border into Idaho, USA. Our goal for today was Coeur d'Alene for one night only. Since we have spent time in this interesting town on previous occasions, this year it was just a one night stop over, so we have no pictures to show you, sorry!!

From there we picked up the I-90 freeway heading east to Butte, Montana. Then we took I-15 south back into the south east corner of Idaho, stopping at Idaho Falls for one night. Both the Idaho pan-handle and the south-east part of the state are veritable outdoor play areas because of their many rivers, lakes and mountains. Whether you are an angler or a hunter, skier or hiker, art patron and history buff, Idaho has something to offer you no matter whether it is summer or winter. As we traveled the highway we passed many RV's, some towing a pick-up full of "toys" and behind that a good sized boat!! Towing more than one trailer is unlawful in BC. This is also where you see many triple trailers on the commercial trucks.

At the top of Lookout Pass on the border of Idaho & Montana, we met up with an interesting group of men who we were told were just friends traveling together. They were all on their "babies" - Harley-Davidson motorcycles, which were meticulously clean and shiny. You meet interesting people along the way!!

This is also Mormon country and in Idaho Falls there is a Mormon Temple situated in a very picturesque setting behind the Idaho Falls. From here the road took us down into Utah. It rained all the way that day and driving through Salt Lake City was a nightmare. Traffic was heavy and in places there was water standing on the road. But the worst part was the fact that they are rebuild the highway right through the center of the city which meant diverting traffic each side of the new construction for miles. Just imagine what it would be like driving through Seattle while there is new road construction going on right down the middle of the existing road and you will get the picture! That night we spent in Provo at a very peaceful campground where we had stayed before.

Then it was on to Moab, Utah. The closer we got to Moab the more dramatic the scenery became. So now we have reached our destination of the Canyon lands and will spend several nights here so we can take in this interesting and dramatic country.

The internet connection here is really poor and will not allow me to download even one picture. So I am wending this off without pictures. They will have to come later. Just want you to know that all is well with us.

Advertisement



19th September 2015

Your Trip
Hi folks, sounds like your having a great trip to date, hope it continues that way. Things are pretty much same old, same old here at the Ranch, only much damper, quite a bit of rain. Sad that you can't send pictures from you current location, would just love to see some, the country sounds quite spectacular. Take care and have a safe trip. C&V

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb