I'm walking in Memphis....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 9th 2014
Published: July 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Left Nashville this morning for Memphis the home of the blues and where Elvis and Johnny Cash started their careers! Our campground is literally next to graceland (elvis's home) and most of our group toured graceland however me, Helen and Christine decided to go to Sun Studios where Elvis and Cash recorded songs (along with a list of many other singers!). Sun studios was pretty cool and the original studio where they recorded is still in tact. Got to touch and take photo with one of 4 microphones that Elvis & Cash used while recording there and listen to original tapes that they recorded... all very cool 😊 After this we met back up with the rest of the group and chilled out for a bit before going to Beale street for dinner. I had pork ribs which was delicious and then we had a couple of hours to walk down Beale Street... we were there on a Wednesday night which meant that all the bikies in the surrounding areas gathered to show off their bikes. There we so many amazing bikes everywhere!!! The live blues music was incredible and I kept getting lured into bars by the music being played. Sat down in a beer garden which 3 African American men were performing.... they were very good and just earned their money via tips from the audience! Beale street had great atmosphere and I wish we could have stayed there longer but the next day was to be an early morning to get to New Orleans! Plus we were all still pretty exhausted from our night in Nashville.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb