Human Development Report


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 5th 2014
Published: March 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The country that I chose to compare to the United States was Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe is a small country in Africa. Zimbabwe is a developing country. The average life expectancy is about 52 years compared to the US with a life expectancy of about 78 years. Most Third World countries have health issues and/or complication therefore citizens have shorter life spans. But in the US, all the proper materials for health care is provided but its citizens must pay in order to receive healthcare. The average income in Zimbabwe is only a mere $424. While in the US, the average income is about 43,480. In Third World countries, money is a very limited resource and most of its citizens are improvised. In the US, although there are some cities that are improvised, money is being made everyday. Also, in Zimbabwe the mean years of schooling is about 7.2 years, while in the US the mean years of schooling is about 13.3 years. Most Third World countries do not offer free education and since most of its citizens are improvised, only those with money are allowed and education. And even if they do get an education, it is very poor because the country does not have enough money to provide it's citizens with the materials needed for a proper education. Opposed to the US where education , for the most part, is free to its citizens. Compared to the US, an advanced country, Zimbabwe is a developing country.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb