Rihla 1 "Why do women still earn less than men?"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 1st 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

How does the article relate to what we are teaching in class?

The article "Why do women still earn less than men" relates to what we are learning in class by how men started to get payed more and get better privelages than women. The article refers to how the men get payed better than women do; for example, a women working as a truck driver gets 76.5% of what men get payed. the question is, how did it start this way?

Can you identify any of the 5 themes? If so explain.

I can identify one of the 5 themes and that would be politics. Politics have a big part of why women get payed less then men do. Men were always portrayed as the person to bring food on the table in a household. Women were portrayed to do things around the house and never work in a workfield as the men would. The past still reflects on how women are seen today. Women are seen less than the men in many ways like not being able to do the same work as men.

Do you disagree or agree with the authors point of view? why?

I agree with the authors point of view because the facts are there that prove that men get payed more than women. It shows that women dont get the rights that supposedly they get. Many years ago, in the United States, women got their right to the same rights as the men. The statistics in this article prove that women are not getting the right that the constitution states women have.

What questions does this article make you wonder? What do you want to learn more about on this topic or other related topics?

Why do women get treated differently and inferior? What started this?

I want to learn why and how this started to be able to answer the questions I asked.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb