The occupation of Old Egypt and College Trip


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt
October 2nd 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Occupation of Old Egypt

1. What might historians learn from this text about the occupational and social structure of Middle Kingdom Egypt?

Historians might learn from this text about occupational and social structure of Middle Kingdom Egypt by how they developed their writing structure. The occupational and social structure of Middle Kingdom Egypt may show what egyptians did in the ages of 2066-1650 B.C.E. It can help us learn how those ages developed our beliefs and our ways today.

2. What does learning to write offer to a young egyptian? What advantages of scribal position are suggested in the document?

Learning to write offers a young egyptian to be rememebered by other readers. It shows a type of immortality to the scribe.

3. What timeless frustrations of a teacher are evident in this text?

The frustration, in the text, for a teacher is that it can help you occupy a postion but it can also do the opposite for other occupations.

A) Do you think American students value education in the same way as described in ancient Egypt? Why or why not?

I dont think students today value education as the ancient egyptians did because there are a lot of dropouts today as well as people that dont care about their grades.


B) Prepare 3 questions to ask on your college visit and record the name and occupation of person interviewed (professor, tour guide, student, etc...) as well as their responses to the questions asked.


Name: Danielle

1. Do you ever get home sick? No, because I am always occupied and dont have time so it doesnt make a difference if my family are around or not.

2. Do you like the school? Yes, because it has exactly what I was looking for and that was film. Other schools had film but not was I wanted to do exactly and what I wanted to do id at this school.

3. What types of things can you study here? Just about anything. This school has almost everything that people look for.

C) After considering your visit and the interview, would you consider getting a college degree from this instititution? Why or why not?<strong style="font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; color: #cc0000;">


Yes I do. The school looks beautiful. If the tour guide said that it has a lot of things and has a lot of sports as well as activities then I am looking foward to getting a degree there. I also have another school in mind so I am debating.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb