RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 11th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Joseph Kony-New York Times

1.) The article that I picked was talking about Joseph Kony and how a YouTube video about how the people of America is going to help advertise Kony's name, so that Congress and the people in America will not forget that 2012 is the year that Joseph Kony will be arrested. In my article, it also was talking about who Joseph Kony is and why he is such an evil man. Kony is a man who lives in Uganda and takes children away from their families and teaches them how to kill. He also turns the girls into sex slaves. Kony has been doing this for 26 years and nobody has done anything to stop him. Now a man wants to take action and make sure that Kony gets arrested this year to end all of the suffering and mistreated children of Uganda.

2.) This article relates to what we have discussed in class by relating to the topic to sex slaves. In class we read an article that was about sex slaves and slavery. The article about Joseph Kony is almost the exact same. He is kidnapping children and making the girls into sex slaves. He is teaching the boys how to kill. He is making both boys and girls slave for him, which we all know is something that is not civilized and needs to be stopped regardless of age, place, or the person in charge.

3.) There is cause and effect in my article. Joseph Kony is kidnapping children in Uganda, which is causing the people of Uganda and the people of America to hate him and causing people to stop him by either killing or arresting him.

4.) Powerful questions:

-Kony's crimes have been going on for years. Why all of the sudden do people want to act on it now?

-Is the YouTube video a scam? Are the donations even going towards TRI?

-If US American troops end up killing Kony, isn't there a possiblility that that can start a riot/war? What does that mean economically for America?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb