RIHLA 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

Moderen day slavery doesn't consists of plantations , slave cabins , and auction locks , abuse,coercion and manipulation. Modern day slavery is more like sex trafficking. The movement against human sex trafficking connects to the legacy of President Lincoln becauthe he movement is trying abolish modern day slavery as well Lincoln dis when he formulated the Emanicipation Proclamation. Both Lincoln's legacy and the movement today will always heavily impact history. The Polaris project is a non profitable organization that works to fight and prevent modern day slavery and human trafficking. I think this project is a great thing and the project should continue. Yes I gree with the article in claiming that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery. An example of modern day slavery is having young children work in sweat shop for below minimum wages.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb