RIHLA 19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 20th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?
• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.
• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?
• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.
• Any other additional thoughts or comments?



Some of the reasons that books are banned are because they illustrates content such as drinking,sex, homosexuality, vulgar language and drug abuse. Yes I agree with the reasons to ban books because people can find the content offensive and also the content might be a bad influence. I believe students should be able to read books about these reasons, because I believe students are entitled to read whatever they want. I think parents and the society pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach. One could get a petition sign to get a book censored and provide details why the book deserve to get censored.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb