RIHILA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 28th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture? The columbian exchange and triangle trade affected current culture because it lead to the combination of new spices and ingredients which I feel influenced current day food because recipes have been passed on from generation to generation, like the recipe for sofrito that was passed on in my family. Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow:1. What are the origins of this recipe? Sofrito originated in puerto Rico I believe. 2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not? Yes we I identify with this recipe because me and my both make this and we basically put it in all our other recipes. It's like our family secret ingredient to all our other foods. 3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not? Yes because it's never bad to be open or try new things because then it will just widen the variety of things you've tasted or learned about and who knows maybe you come up with the next best spice combination. 4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain. In general I think food is important to culture because it is just another one of the many ways for a culture to stand out and be different/ unique from all other cultures. It also canBering people together and unit cultures in a way as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb