rihla #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 6th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?

I do agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man ideal because the man he looks for has plenty of good qualities. He said that men should be strong, mature , and sensitive. These are all qualities that any woman would look for in a friend, boyfriend, or even husband. I think men like these exist today because I have many men in my life that fit this description. For example, my father has been through the toughest patches in my life and still doesn't judge the person I have came to be.

2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?

I think Castiglione thought men should live and act the way he described so they can be more helpful and resourceful towards the society. He thinks that men should be able to think more like adults and that if they do, they will make a change for the better. He also thinks that men should be able to express themselves which is good because they are able to expess how they feel about others and situations.

3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.

I think it is better to lead through love because you need to gain the trust of everyone so you are able to lead. When you lead in love, you are given the opportunity to lead from the people If you lead in fear, you will have to accept that you will build up hatred and that can lead to serious problems.

4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –
Adolfo hitler lead with fear.

· How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style?
I know that he lead through fear because the nazis and the Jews were led by his word. They were so terrified of him that they did everything he told them to do. The Jews were put into concentration camps simply because Hitler did not like Jews. Soon enough everyone around the world started to find out how he was leading ,and they wanted to take him down. Hitler lived in fear after all of the damage that he has done to thousands of families, and So he committed suicide to avoid living in fear like the rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb