Rihla #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 6th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?


I do not agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man ideal. The discription of his ideal man does not describe a loving humyn being.I personally believe that a leading ideal man must be a thoughtful man for the well being of all the people and not just his master. I do believe there are men who are the way Castiglione describe the ideal man. The man that are that particular way do not have much feelings for the people they are serving only for the main person in charge.

<strong style="font-family: 'Chaparral Pro'; font-size: 16px;">2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?

I think Castiglione believed that men should live and act the wqay he described because he believed that acting that way wad the only way of getting what was desired. A person with a strong character shows that he or she can control the people he or she must govern to be able to be ruler or superior.

<strong style="font-family: 'Chaparral Pro'; font-size: 16px;">3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.

I personally believe that a leader could lead with both. There must be a seperation between both. A leader can be loved by the people but also taken serious when it comes down to business. In my opinion, I am a leader that cadets enjoy being around. However, the cadets also fear me because they know I am serious when it comes down to getting task down correctly and efficiently.

<strong style="font-family: 'Chaparral Pro'; font-size: 16px;">4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –

Throughout American history, African Americans have struggled to gain their rights. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was one of the main advocates for equality. He lead his people to fight for what they deserve. However, the people do not follow him do to force. Dr. Kinglead the peopl because he wanted to gain the rights not only for him but for futute generations to come. His leadership style allows many people to unit for the same cause in a peaceful fight for equality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb