Current events


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
December 8th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Early this week, the Obama administration announced that it would be providing aid in support of gay rights in other nations. While some Americans may see no issue with this annoucement, there are others that do. Recently, Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton stated her belief that "gay rights and human rights are one and the same." On the other hand, presidential candidate Rick perry believes thatit is not the responsibility of America to provide this kind of aid it other nations. In agreement with Perry, Rick Santorum states his belief that this decision to provide aid is a way for the United States to push its opinions on other countries. It may also create a major issue within the United States seeing as tax dollars would be used to help promote this new policy in other nations. This policy also goes against the religious beliefs of many Americans. Seeing the Current situation of the economic state of the United States, I dont think that it is a wise decision to use funds that could be used to decrease debt to provide help in other countries for an issue that doesn't directly provide relief from something that endangers public security. I feel that it is more important for the U.S. to take care of domestic issues before trying to take care of other countries' problems.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023kb