Rihla #6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1) "Consider the postage stamp: Its usefulness consist in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there" -Josh Billings
This quote is significant because it gives the reader a tangible object that represents something big. It would tell future firecats to stick to the school and the work it comes with until the end.
2) "It's not that I'm so smart, it's that I stay with problems longer" -Albert Einstein
This quote is significant because it shows how you have to work to be the best. This will show the future firecats that they have to work to be good at something, as well as that they don't have to be a genius to be smart.
3) "Most people never run far enough into their 1st wind to find out they have a 2nd" -William James
This quote is significant because it inspires the reader to keep going because if something is really bad at first, it can only get better. It will show future firecats that even if the begging of their live at UICCP is hard, it can only get better if they keep going and never give up.
4) "When you feel like giving up, remember why you hold on for so long in the first place." -Unknown
This quote is significant because it will be target future senior firecats who feel like do. We all feel like giving up and transferring but we don't because we are not about to throw away the 3 years of hard work that we all put in.
5) "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -Les Brown
This quote is significant because it will motivate future firecats to do the best they can in everything they try because their efforts will never be in vain.

This journal relates to what we are doing in school because in history the future of a society depends history of another. If a society is successful then future societies will be successful swell because they will fallow past society's footsteps. So if we leave motivating quotes and follow them, then future firecats will as well.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb