Getting Ready, Boat Bottom Job


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 16th 2010
Published: May 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Time passes fast and Carol and I are making final preparations for our adventures. From April 28th to May 5th, our home, Midnight Escape was on the hard getting a new bottom job. So we went camping at Lake Aire in South Carolina closer to her work. We are staying on the boat full time now getting things ready. My last day at work is June 4th and Carol’s is June 6. Carol kind of cheated because June 6th is her day off.

We are both excited but still a little scared and have many mixed feelings. We plan to take about two months and go by car (If my 288,000 mile car will make it) camping around the US at many of the National parks. Then back to the boat around the first of August and make final preparations to cast off the lines.

Because it will be around prime hurricane season, we hope to head north to the Chesapeake Bay area for a month or two and then head south to southern Florida to visit her mother and my parents. We would like to go thru the Okeechobee canal and end up in the late summer or early spring in Boot Key Harbor at Marathon Key. We plan to keep the blog updated so sign up and you will be notified whenever we add a post!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th May 2010

good job
2nd June 2010

Congrats
Congrats to you both, your plans sound exciting.....can't believe Ron is still driving the car :) Paul
4th June 2010

Thanks Paul
Today was my last day and yes, I still have the car. We are taking it on our around the country trip of about 12,000 miles. Hope it makes it. Cheers
22nd June 2010

Have a Blast!
Carol, hope to be able to see you when you and Ron sail to south Fl. Take care cuz.

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb