New York, New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 22nd 2006
Published: June 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, well! What can we say??!! We loved New York, our favourite city we have been to. So much to do, see...buy!!😊 It was great to see all of those things you see on all of the movies and TV.

Seen all of the usual touristy things. Went up the Empire State building. Fabulous views. Frickin' freezing though. It is a really cool building with marble everywhere. We went on a ferry out to The Statue of Liberty. She is massive. We went to Ground Zero too. It was quite eery. I didnt think I would feel anything visiting it but it was really very sad. I just felt compelled to say a couple of prayers for those who died and their families. There is a big cross erected on the area and it is made from stell foundations from the twin towers. The area is huge. Of course we also went to Central Park. Its like a 1/4 or 1/3 the size of Manhattan and its weird to see this tree lined area with lakes fringed by sky scrapers. We also went to Riverside Park but it wasnt anything too great...probably cos there is a load of construction work going on there. Ruins it a bit. And no trip to NYC would be complete without a few shopping trips. I had a ball. Wish I had tons of money though I did manage to get a few good bargains. Macy's is fabulous. Its very expensive in general but you can get really good bargains there too. We visited Toys R Us (supposedly to buy toys for the kiddies). Oh my God is that place big. There is a Ferris Wheel in it and a huge Dinasour that roars. The place was heaving with people but it is a kids paradise and that is for sure. Walked down 5th Avenue on many occasions but hardly bothered to venture into the shops. Lets say it was for the more "up-market" shopper! And that aint us.

We spent Paddy's Day at the Parade on 5th Avenue. It was great fun. Unbeleivable to see just a sea of green everywhere. Streets closed off and thousands of people there. The parade was good but we think that they are better in Dublin and at home. In NY they just have marching bands and military groups (whatever that has to do with St Patrick and the Irish-we dont know). At home you get all the huge floats and that...far better. Was good fun though.

Oh and we went to see "Chicago" on Broadway. One of the highlights for me. LOVED it! We had excellent seats. 3 row from the front and right in the centre of the stage. Fantastic. The show is brilliant. So simply done but so funny and well put together. Loved it!

Will definately be back to New York! Its a great, fun city!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb