Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
March 28th 2006
Published: June 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

OK, so our last destination was Toronto, Canada. We decided to just spend a few days here and maybe some other time in the future, come back and spend more time exploring.

We travelled here by train from Penn Station in NYC and it took us almost 13hours to get here. It was very slow and we were ok for most of it but the last few hours really got to us. Just got really bored. It was amazing but maybe just 1-2 hours outside of NY we started to see some snow and for most of the journey the rest of the way, this is what we saw. Very different from Oz and Fiji!

Canada seems lovely for the part we saw. The people are just so nice and really helpful. We just spent most of our days wandering around getting a feel for Toronto. We saw the CN Tower, which is the largest in the world but we think that its a bit of a cheat. Its just the narrow spire at the top that gets it that name. We didnt go up as it was far too expensive so we settled for taking pix of it instead.

We hired a car along with 2 Ozzies we met at our hostel for a day to take us to Niagara Falls. Was by far the cheaper option, and turned out to be the best way too. We had some good fun. Niagara Falls is very spectacular. It just goes on and on. Aparently 213million litres go over every minute. Thats crazy. Its a beautiful sight and worth the visit. We took a tour called "Behind the falls". It took us to a viewing deck 100m down the falls and also through these portals which were behind the actual falls. Really exciting....and damn freezing!

Well that about sums up our whole travel experience. Its been an unforgetable 7 months and the best 7 months of our lives. Definately something which we have no regrets in doing and we have fantastic memories to last us our whole lifetime. Sure its sad that it has come to an end, after all the time we spent planning and saving for it. But we are excited about getting home and seeing everyone and getting the next chapter of our lives on the way. We feel that we made the right decision in just travelling for 7 months as it has been perfect...perhaps, for us, a year would have been too long.

All done now and it ROCKED!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb